17.6.14

Generations Metroplex

Wow, it was almost an year ago... When Transformers Generation Metroplex went on sale and also made an appearance as an exclusive at San Diego Comic Con.

As some of you may know, I did some work on that giant sucker. But I didn't do the whole design. What I did was working with Chris Hicks on a concept to pitch the idea and work out the general shapes and features. After that, he was properly designed and engineered, but as you may notice, some spots remained faithful to what I had draw, like the chest area. As you can see also, those panels on the shoulders were supposed to open up. Hasbro kept them, but they are now part of the shoulder sculpture and don't move.
Overall, I believed I had to go for  TF Prime aesthetic, I wasn't aware this was for Generations.
Oh, and yes, it's a pretty rough sketch. But many of these things starts like that!






4 commenti:

Nijirain said...

ah che forte mi ricorda un sacco il Grande Diaclone :)

Unknown said...

nice i want this thing so bad

Tets said...

I the Transformers Generations 2013 book, it has the basic prototype with the opening shoulder panels. A shame, as they would have looked cool! Metroplex is a great figure!
Did you have a hand in Scamper as well? I love the design of that little guy!

JazzLuca said...

Cool! I love that Metroplex, and it's a pity that the left arm's toy doesn't have any playable feature like on those sketches... but anyway in the end it's a great toy! ^_^

Translate